Tuesday 23 July 2013

Favourite summer Lipsticks





 
I'm not much of a dark lipstick lover, so when the summer comes around, it's the perfect chance for me to get out my much loved pinks and corals. I like to keep my summer makeup quite simple as I don't like wearing anything that has a chance to slip off in the melting heat, so I usually choose a lipstick to wear as I think it can completely change a look, and make it seem like you've spent ages getting ready when really you haven't at all.

I like to make sure that when I'm out and about that I always have a lipstick handy as its a lot easier to re- apply than your foundation or eye shadow. I've selected just a few of my favourites to share with you.
 
 

Lipstick no.1 - Sleek, Papaya Punch


 



 
This is by far one of my favourite shades for summer, bright coral. Since discovering the sleek lipsticks I have found myself wanting to go out and buy every single one, the range in colour is just great, and I love how they look on the lips. The only downside to this lipstick in my opinion,is that it can be a little dry, but with a little lip balm applied before, it's perfectly fine.



Lipstick no.2 - mua, shade 2
 
 
 
Lipstick number two is a berry beauty from mua. I love the mua lipsticks, as they are so so affordable at a teeny tiny price of £1! The fact that they are so cheap has no impact on the quality, I find they are just as good as some of my more expensive lipsticks. The only let down is that they don't last as long as some of the others, but the colour and consistency make up for that.
 
 
 
 
Lipstick no.3 - mua,shade 15, Juicy
 
 
 
Lipstick number 3 is another one from mua, this time in a pinky nude. I love wearing this lipstick when I want something a little less dramatic, but I still want to give my lips a little bit of colour. The texture of this lipstick is very creamy which makes it easy to apply, and I don't need to prep my lips with any lip balm before hand.
 
 
 
 
Lipstick no.4 - Revlon lipbutter, shade 095, Crème Brulee
 
 
 
The fourth lipstick is a slightly more toned down glossy number from the Revlon lip butter collection. I love the Revlon lipbutters as they are more like a lip balm than an actual lipstick, but they still give your lips a tiny bit of colour, and  keep them lovely and moisturised.
 
 
 
 
Lipstick no.5 - Rimmel moisture renew lipstick, shade 180, vintage pink
 
 
 
 
Lipstick number 5 is another pinky nude colour that I am absolutely loving for summer, from Rimmel London. Unlike the mua lipstick however, this has slight purple undertones, very pretty.
 
 
 
 
Lipstick no.6 - Barry M lip paint, shade 129
 
 
 
 
When I first went to try this lipstick it slightly scared me. The bullet it's self looks very bright and intimidating, it didn't look like the type of colour I would like and I didn't think that it would suit me at all. However, when applied I really fell in love with it. You think that it is going to be a very bright purple, however you can see from the picture that it is more pinky. The texture is super soft so I find it easier to apply this with a lip brush or I will just have it all over my face, but once I have it on, I really do love it.
 
So, that was my six favourite lipsticks for summer, I hope you enjoyed reading this, if you have any questions please leave them in the comments box and I will try to get back to you.


Abbey x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment